SB Thai Spa: Massage services that we offer
Relive your tensed muscles and give your body the special therapy it deserves by choosing among the various massage therapies offered here at SB Thai Spa! Experience the true essence of the spa culture in Thailand by visiting one of our branches or booking a massage online. Below are our available massage services:
Using only the best essential oils and herbs, smell and feel the magic of SB Thai Spa’s aromatherapy! It is a type of Swedish massage that uses essential oils and lotions made from plant extracts.
During this massage, you inhale the scents of the oils and also absorb them through your skin. The massage method involves switching between gentle and hard pressure with the use of various oils and lotions depending on the client’s preference.
Check out below the common ingredients of most essential oils and lotions used in this therapy:
Common ingredients used in essential oils and lotions
- Angelica: Angelica is known as the oil of the angels as it is found to calm emotions and help release negative feelings.
- Basil: Basil relaxes strained muscles and is great for mental fatigue.
- Birch: Birch is a pain reliever that is often used to reduce muscle pain.
- Black pepper: Black pepper also reduces muscle pain and boosts energy.
- Black Spruce: Black Spruce has a fresh scent that helps lift your mood.
- Cedarwood: Cedarwood is a great insect repellent and is recognized for its calming scent.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon has a sweet aroma that has antiviral properties.
- Citronella: Citronella is a popular room deodorizer that has antibacterial properties.
- Clary sage: Clary sage has a sedative effect that can help relieve menstrual pain.
- Cypress: Cypress helps improve muscle tone and remove stretch marks.
- Dill: Dill calms your nervous system and aids in better sleep.
- Iris: Iris is helpful when removing mental blocks as it clears the mind and aids in creativity.
- Jasmine: Jasmine soothes the nerves and restores energy
- Lavender: Lavender relieves stress, hives and high blood pressure through its calming scent.
- Lemon: Lemon aids in the production of white blood cells and enhances the immune system.
- Oregano: Oregano is useful for intestinal and blood diseases as it acts against viruses, bacteria and parasites.
- Rose: Rose is one of the greatest remedies for stress and depression. It can also reduce scar tissues, rashes and sunburns.
- Tea Tree: Tea tree fights all kinds of body infections and relieves pain by decongesting veins.
- Baking soda: Baking soda can remove foul odours and is a great substitute for talcum powder.
- Dead sea salt: Dead sea salt promotes healthy skin through exfoliation.
Benefits of an aromatherapy massage
- Decreases muscle pain
- Eases stiff and tired joins
- Relieves stress and anxiety
- Improves sleep
- Aids in proper blood flow
- Speeds up digestion
- Soothes the body and mind
- Aids in menstrual cramps
Deep tissue massage
Get ready to nourish your body and mind as a deep tissue massage removes your pain, reduces your stress and relieves your muscle tension! It is a great way to treat muscle and bone issues caused by strains, sports injuries and other conditions caused by heavy physical activities. Here, slow and deep strokes are used to massage the inner layers of your muscles. Also, each stroke aids in proper blood flow and reduces muscle pain.
Compared to Swedish massage, a deep tissue massage uses deeper kneads and strokes with stronger pressure where elbows and forearms are used. Also, instead of focusing only on one area, this massage involves your whole body.
Benefits of a deep tissue massage
- Removes back and neck pain
- Improves posture
- Relieves stress
- Lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- Treats injured muscles
- Aids in labour and delivery
Thai compress therapy
Promote and become a part of the rich legacy of Asia’s spa capital by getting a Thai compress therapy! It involves using a muslin cloth that is packed with a mixture of various steamed herbs. It is then pressed and pounded directly on your skin. When making a compress, the herbs are packed in a tight ball and steamed for about 30-45 minutes.
Check out below the common herbs used in Thai compress therapy and well as the benefits of getting one:
Common herbs used in Thai compress therapy
- Kaffir Lime: Kaffir lime can detoxify the blood and reduce stress.
- Plai: Plai aids in the relaxation of muscles and reduces pains associated with it.
- Lemongrass: Lemongrass prevents the growth of yeast and bacteria, relieves pain and stabilizes blood sugar.
- Turmeric: Turmeric can detoxify the body and is known to have anti-cancer properties.
- Camphor: Camphor relieves pain and helps improve breathing.
- Tamarind: Tamarind can detoxify the body and is good for people who have cancer and heart conditions.
- Cumin: Cumin can fight against bacteria and parasites in the body.
Benefits of a Thai compress therapy
- Improves blood flow
- Promotes relaxation
- Soothes muscles and joints
- Boosts immune system
- Heals skin infections
Swedish massage involves slow, soft and long kneading strokes that are combined with movement of the joints to relieve muscle tension and aid in injury recovery. It is one of the most popular forms of massage and is often known as a classic massage.
The whole body is involved in a Swedish massage and it requires you to be undressed while on the massage table. SB Thai Spa only appoints only highly skilled therapists, so you may rest assured that every minute you spend on our massage table is worth it!
Benefits of a Swedish massage
- Improves blood flow
- Eases muscular pain
- Flushes out toxins
- Improves the range of motion
- Reduces mental stress
- Improves immune system
Traditional Thai massage
A traditional Thai massage is done with the use of various body parts such as the palm, fingers and even feet. With a blend of leverage and balance, the massage therapist ensures that the correct pressure is applied to the body. Through this pressure, stress and muscular tension within the body are released, resulting in a more relaxed and rejuvenated feeling.
Benefits of getting a Traditional Thai massage
- Improves body posture
- Removes fatigue
- Relieves muscle pain
- Helps stroke patients recover faster
Having been practised for many centuries, foot reflexology is done by applying pressure to the various areas on the bottom of the foot since it is believed that each point under the foot is connected to various organs of the body. Using repeated pressure of the nerve endings, this form of massage helps clear any channel of blocked energy in your body. With this, your blood, nutrients and nerve impulses can move freely and smoothly.
During a session, you are clothed and can either be seated or lying down. Your therapist will then rub and press on the points of your foot. It is better to discuss and let your therapist know about certain issues such as digestive issues, muscle pains or insomnia so that they can focus on specific areas of your foot.
Keep in mind that it is not advised to receive foot reflexology if you are pregnant. It is better to consult your doctor first before getting this massage especially if you have foot problems, injuries or blood diseases. Also, drink plenty of water after the massage to remove toxin buildup during the session.
Benefits of a foot reflexology
- Removes toxins from the body
- Boosts the immune system
- Improves blood flow
- Aids in proper digestion
- Improves sleeping patterns
SB Thai Spa list of massage services and its rates
To summarize the list of massage services above, check out the table below for its summary, duration and prices of each one.
|Aromatherapy||500 THB||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|Deep Tissue Massage||300 THB||1 hour|
|Thai Compress Therapy||800 THB||2 hours|
|Swedish Massage||400 THB||1 hour and 30 minutes|
|Traditional Thai Massage||450 THB||1 hour|
|Foot Reflexology||250 THB||1 hour|
Book your spa treatment and give your body a vacation now
Restore your body’s natural balance with the various benefits of the massage therapies offered here at SB Thai Spa! We are the best place to go if you want to feel the true essence of the spa culture in Thailand.
Learn more about those spa services by clicking on the page dedicated to our services. To book a massage, simply go to our contact page and fill out all the needed fields such as your name, contact info and message. You can also go to our physical locations below:
- SB Thai Spa (Main branch)
Silver Square, 3rd Floor
Christian Basti, GS Road
- SB Thai Spa (Guwahati branch)
Westside, G.S Road,
Guwahati 781005 Assam
- SB Thai Spa (Ahmedabad branch)
B 201/2 Amrapali Lake View Tower,
- SB Thai Spa (Golden Wood branch)
Golden Wood, Sunderpur, Zoo Road
Vastrapur, Opposite Alpha One Mall
- SB Thai Spa (Kolkata branch)
220 AJC Bose Road,
Opposite La Martina Girls School Back Gate
Kolkata – 700017